<< Back to List
BMW R80 G/S 1981
Schedule a Test Ride Make an Offer Apply for Financing Contact Us
This 1981 R80 G/S Paris Dakar was owned by a longtime local collector who serviced his motorcycles with us often. It was part of a group of bikes purchased by us this previous year.
This bike is in excellent running condition and properly upgraded. The bodywork is original and while shows signs of use and patina, it presents well and really stands out in our showroom.
We stripped this bike down to the bare frame and power coated the main frame, subframe, luggage grid, and so on. We did not do any paintwork to this bike, even left some of the stickers on the tank collected over the years!
This bike just received an engine / mechanical / cosmetic overhaul which included the following work:
- Frame stripped for recoating
- Top end reseal
- Siebenrock 1000cc big bore kit
- New tires and tubes (TKC70)
- New spark plugs
- Rear main seal replacement
- New clutch
- New rear brake shoes
- Steering head bearing adjust
- Reseal final drive
- New throttle cables
- New air filter
- New hardware, rubbers and clamps
- New battery
- New fork seals and oil
- New fork boots
- Racetech front suspension upgrade with springs and emulators
- New mirrors
- New front brake disc
- New rear shock
- Transmission resealed with new seals, clamps, boots and gaskets
For more information, contact our sales department at 203-740-1270.