<< Back to List
BMW R100GS 1989
Dual Sport Bike
All original bike with just over 690 miles. Comple
Schedule a Test Ride Make an Offer Apply for Financing Contact Us
Description: Contact Zac at MAX BMW CT for information and price. [email protected] or 203.740.1270
This 1989 was purchased from the estate of the original owner in May of 2019 by MAX BMW. The bike was parked at 690 miles and sat in a temperature controlled garage. The bike has been completely disassembled and refurbished mechanically and thoroughly cleaned upon reassembly.
The bike will have an additional 100~ miles added so we can confirm the work done and make adjustments as needed. A re-torque of the heads along with a valve check/adjust will be performed once sold.
The work performed on the bike included:
- New battery
- Front cover reseal
- Top end reseal including new head and base gaskets, valve cover gaskets and pushrod tube seals
- Rear main seal replaced
- Gearbox resealed and shift lever replaced
- Final drive resealed with fresh fluid
- Front forks replaced and rebuilt. Forks were replaced due to pitting along the chrome tubes. New seals and gasket rings as well as new
progressive springs with BMW fork oil.
- Brake lines replaced and upgraded with Spiegler SS lines.
- Brake fluid, gear oil, engine oil and filter, as well as oil cooler gaskets were all replaced.
- New air filter installed
- New period correct tires installed, Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara.
- Both carburetors rebuilt with all new gaskets, floats, pins, needles and springs.
- All fuel lines replaced along with fuel filters.
- Brake calipers disassembled and rebuilt with new pins, pistons, and dust cap.
- Ignition system overhauled with new spark plugs, plug wires, coil.
- New BMW mirrors installed.
- New BMW valve covers installed.
Contact Dave or Zac at MAX BMW CT Brookfield for more info at 203-740-1270.